Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Harvest Decorating Tips

It may seem a little early for fall decor, but I put this together to be part of a Harvest Decorating photo gallery for HGTV.com so I thought I’d share it with you to maybe get your fall decorating creative juices flowing…Plus fall is my favorite:)  It is similar to my fall arrangement last year.  I just changed up a few things.

DSC_0263

This somewhat neutral tone is a simple take on fall decor. Almost everything in this vignette was either from a garage sale, thrift store or made myself.  I created the "Harvest" sign by writing on the glass of framed burlap.  To give it more interest and presence I added the decorative thrift store frame around the outside. You can see details on how I did this last year…{HERE}.

DSC_0260

For more height up the wall I added mismatched silver platters.  This not only compliments, but gives a nice contrast to the twigs and feathers. I love mixing the rustic and natural elements with the more formal pieces.  I used some books to help vary the heights in my display. Layering and varying heights in your vignettes is a must. This not only shows off your pieces, but also gives a flow to your display to make it pleasing to the eye.

DSC_0275 DSC_0285

*A couple quick tips for arranging accessories… Vary your heights and colors in such a way that your eye easily follows the flow. Also, leave some space for the eye to rest. I like to have a variety of textures and elements that compliment each other. Group like items and try to add interest and your own style. Play around with your layout and make it feel good to you, that is most important.

DSC_0269

Be sure to check out the photo gallery…lots of great ideas!

How early to you start decorating for fall?

15 comments:

  1. So lovely!!!!
    Fall is the most impressive season (to me)!!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love all your use of textures and natural elements. I just discovered your blog and I'm now following you. Have a great weekend!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Blog Post:)

    Thanks for sharing a valuable information. It is very informative and helpful information.

    Keep up sharing.....

    Suspended Ceiling Tile

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed reading this post, I always appreciate topics like this being discussed to us. Information very nice. I will follow post Thanks for sharing.
    MAKE YOUR MARK IN CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE® REMASTERED MULTIPLAYER MAYHEM
    COVID-19
    Slither.io Open Skins Mod

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe this will help your website become more organized because you have decided to set a part on this site for the inquiries regarding tax and as well as the helpful discussions. To be honest, this is one of the few sites that are doing this kind of strategy. Also, I do my assignment think that this will not only benefit your clients or the potential ones but you most especially because you will be able to see the questions easier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. s. I love mixing the rustic and natural elements with the more formal pieces ontrast to the twigs and feather UK's Top-Rated and Students' Most Favorite Assignment Writing services uk is Here to Offer Expert Help in Most Affordable Prices with a Guarantee to an A or A+ Grade
    Assignment writing services UK

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you The foreign visitors need to apply for visa for Kenya for Canadian citizens online. That offers them fast and secure visa services. You also can check the al information regarding to visa here to get in the Kenya.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent article. The writing style which you have used in this article is very good and it made the article of better quality. Thank you so much for this informative cheap assignment writing post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a good idea for people who actually have some questions or inquiries about this topic. I am so excited to see the discussions that will be made on this thread regarding taxes. I have to say that this kind of topic should really be discussed thoroughly to assignment crux uk people who finds it helpful so that there won't be no confusions anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoyed reading this fantastic blog.. Foreign travelers who wish to travel to Azerbaijan need to apply for azerbaijan electronic visa online that provide the fast and secure visa services.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hard work is done in this article. Nice information is shared in this article. Keep publishing articles like these. Now its time to avail town car service Houston for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great article! Your insights really shed light on this topic. Looking forward to reading more from you! best pumping bra for work

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated! :)